2016-04-16

obey typographic rules of Bringhurst

After Andy Casey brought our in-refereeing paper up to AASTeX6, I found myself very unhappy! The version 6 paper formatting makes many changes, and it is not clear how these changes were related to either community issues with AASTeX5 or else standards of typography and typesetting. I figured out ways to punk the formatting back to something that comes close to the recommendations in Bringhurst's The Elements of Typographic Style (my bible); I spent quite a bit of time on that today. Once I figure out how to raise issues on AASTeX6, I will do that, and also release a user-configurable patch package. A piece of unsolicited typographic advice for everyone out there: Obey what Bringhurst advises, unless you have very good reasons to do otherwise!

No comments:

Post a Comment